Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Nice Kabuto on Ebay!

  • Jason Lewis
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
      > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
      > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.
      >
      > Otagiri

      I messaged him and said it was to bad he has it up on auction. I have
      a 14th century "high peak" bascinet with bargrill and dogface visor
      made by Patrick Thaden I would have traded straight across for ;)

      Jirou

      --
      Jason Lewis
      E-Commerce and PHP Developer
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
        your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
        basinet from you. :)
        --kiyohara

        --- Jason Lewis <jason.lewis@...> wrote:

        > > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I
        > liked the construction,
        > > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that
        > owner is 'for real.' My
        > > only big complaint is that the paint is not
        > adhering well.
        > >
        > > Otagiri
        >
        > I messaged him and said it was to bad he has it up
        > on auction. I have
        > a 14th century "high peak" bascinet with bargrill
        > and dogface visor
        > made by Patrick Thaden I would have traded straight
        > across for ;)
        >
        > Jirou
        >
        > --
        > Jason Lewis
        > E-Commerce and PHP Developer

        > --------------------~-->
        > What would our lives be like without music, dance,
        > and theater?
        > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for
        > Good!

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Jason Lewis
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          > i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
          > your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
          > basinet from you. :)
          > --kiyohara

          I am going to make either a 16 or 32 plate Kabuto, once it is done I
          will probably sell the bascinet for a sight less then I paid for it,
          cost me $700 brand new, it has some dings and needs a shine put back
          on it, but, it's a great helmet.

          Jirou

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
            its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)
            Thats why even though i dont need a basinet right now
            id aquire it if you were selling it for an equal to
            that kabuto.

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
              > its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)

              I wish I had the cash, I would have him make me a kabuto. There is one
              on his site...thing of beauty...He is a great armourer. I will give
              you first crack when I sell it.

              Jirou

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                Thought I would post this..

                http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/index.htm

                the first three pictures are my actual helmet ;)

                And the kabuto is at

                http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

                Jirou

                --
                Jason Lewis
                E-Commerce and PHP Developer
              • Bubba
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Jason Lewis wrote:

                  > And the kabuto is at
                  >
                  > http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

                  "Made for a customer in Houston."

                  I know someone in Houston that had a kabuto made by Thaden. I have a sneaky
                  feeling the one in the pic was powdercoated red and weighs a ton.
                  --
                  Kagemasa
                  mysticz28@...
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

                    > Small world - take 24768...
                    >
                    > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
                    > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
                    > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

                    Take it apart and powdercoat it :)
                    --
                    Kagemasa
                    mysticz28@...
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Thank you kindly Otagiri for the vouch!
                      I had fun getting to fight with you accouple of weeks ago. I hope we
                      will get the chance again sometime!
                      About the helm, it is actually made by Dragon Forge Armoury. I think
                      the armours name was Ben Schnieder(sp?) Great armourer!
                      I love the Helm and I love the Japanese culture......I just know I
                      won't give it justice as a persona. So I have decided just to stick
                      with the A&S side of Japanese culture and stay with my
                      current...Hamish "The Pensic Mud Surfing Champion" Stewart!

                      If anyone has any questions about the helm just ask away!

                      -Hamish
                      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>