Re: Good Morning and an Introduction.

  • Otagiri Tatsuzou
    Message 1 of 68 , Mar 1, 2005
      > I would like to create a simple persona for the times when I dont
      > need to look fierce and overwhelming.

      I suggest Irish. ;-)

      Fiercely,
      Otagiri
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 68 of 68 , Mar 6, 2005

        >What is the name of the play? Has it been translated into English?

        If people are interested in performing it at Pennsic, I will
        translate the synopsis.
        Originally, kyougen was improvisational. Complete play texts were not recorded
        until the seventeenth century. There is a book of play synopsis dating to the
        sixteenth. Kyougen is at least as old as Noh and is mentioned by Ze'ami.
        Here are several plays:

        Daikokurenga - gods & felicitous plays genre - 6 or more players & chorus
        Hachikurenga - friends & neighbours genre - 2 players
        Renganusubito - thieves genre - 3 players
        Rengabishamon - gods & felicitous plays genre - 3 & chorus

        I was actually thinking of one that is in the women's plays genre,
        but I can not
        remember its name off the top of my head.

        A few kyougen have been translated into English over the years, but
        most have not.
        There is an English book of play synopsis available. If I remember
        correctly, it was
        written by Donald Keene.

        | trash by my email filters. |