Re: Nice Kabuto on Ebay!

  • Otagiri Tatsuzou
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      > ViewItem&category=310&item=7138416071&rd=1
      >
      > There's only one bid on it right now. Anyone needing a good SCA
      > combat helm this looks good.
      >
      > -Hamish

      Small world - take 24768...

      I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
      I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
      only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

      Otagiri
    • Jason Lewis
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
        > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
        > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.
        >
        > Otagiri

        I messaged him and said it was to bad he has it up on auction. I have
        a 14th century "high peak" bascinet with bargrill and dogface visor
        made by Patrick Thaden I would have traded straight across for ;)

        Jirou

        --
        Jason Lewis
        E-Commerce and PHP Developer
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
          your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
          basinet from you. :)
          --kiyohara

          --- Jason Lewis <jason.lewis@...> wrote:

          > > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I
          > liked the construction,
          > > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that
          > owner is 'for real.' My
          > > only big complaint is that the paint is not
          > adhering well.
          > >
          > > Otagiri
          >
          > I messaged him and said it was to bad he has it up
          > on auction. I have
          > a 14th century "high peak" bascinet with bargrill
          > and dogface visor
          > made by Patrick Thaden I would have traded straight
          > across for ;)
          >
          > Jirou
          >
          > --
          > Jason Lewis
          > E-Commerce and PHP Developer

          > --------------------~-->
          > What would our lives be like without music, dance,
          > and theater?
          > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for
          > Good!

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
        • Jason Lewis
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
            > i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
            > your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
            > basinet from you. :)
            > --kiyohara

            I am going to make either a 16 or 32 plate Kabuto, once it is done I
            will probably sell the bascinet for a sight less then I paid for it,
            cost me $700 brand new, it has some dings and needs a shine put back
            on it, but, it's a great helmet.

            Jirou

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
              its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)
              Thats why even though i dont need a basinet right now
              id aquire it if you were selling it for an equal to
              that kabuto.

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                > its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)

                I wish I had the cash, I would have him make me a kabuto. There is one
                on his site...thing of beauty...He is a great armourer. I will give
                you first crack when I sell it.

                Jirou

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                  Thought I would post this..

                  http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/index.htm

                  the first three pictures are my actual helmet ;)

                  And the kabuto is at

                  http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

                  Jirou

                  --
                  Jason Lewis
                  E-Commerce and PHP Developer
                • Bubba
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Jason Lewis wrote:

                    > And the kabuto is at
                    >
                    > http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

                    "Made for a customer in Houston."

                    I know someone in Houston that had a kabuto made by Thaden. I have a sneaky
                    feeling the one in the pic was powdercoated red and weighs a ton.
                    --
                    Kagemasa
                    mysticz28@...
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

                      > Small world - take 24768...
                      >
                      > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
                      > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
                      > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

                      Take it apart and powdercoat it :)
                      --
                      Kagemasa
                      mysticz28@...
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                        Thank you kindly Otagiri for the vouch!
                        I had fun getting to fight with you accouple of weeks ago. I hope we
                        will get the chance again sometime!
                        About the helm, it is actually made by Dragon Forge Armoury. I think
                        the armours name was Ben Schnieder(sp?) Great armourer!
                        I love the Helm and I love the Japanese culture......I just know I
                        won't give it justice as a persona. So I have decided just to stick
                        with the A&S side of Japanese culture and stay with my
                        current...Hamish "The Pensic Mud Surfing Champion" Stewart!

                        If anyone has any questions about the helm just ask away!

                        -Hamish
                        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>