Re: [SCA-JML] Good Morning and an Introduction.

  • Tim adams
    Message 1 of 68 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hello and welcome,
      we have the best name resources on this list.

      Aoki Tadamitsu *lurking*

      Diane Taylor <qara0@...> wrote:

      My SCA persona is a generic Mongolian Warrior named Qara Unegen.
      However, sometimes being a mongol is tedious and, during certain non-
      violent events.. aka ARts and Sciences, I'd like to try something
      different.

      Actually I found this group by doing my research on the Shakahachi
      Flute and a research project that one of my friends asked me to do on
      Japanese armor. I came across an interesting group called the
      Komuso.. and from there, well, various and sundry links brought me to
      this place.
      I would like to create a simple persona for the times when I dont
      need to look fierce and overwhelming.

      Mundanely, I am currently working on a PVC Shakahachi and hope to
      have it working soon. :D

      BTW, I live in the Barony of Dreiburgen in Caid.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 68 of 68 , Mar 6, 2005

        >What is the name of the play? Has it been translated into English?

        If people are interested in performing it at Pennsic, I will
        translate the synopsis.
        Originally, kyougen was improvisational. Complete play texts were not recorded
        until the seventeenth century. There is a book of play synopsis dating to the
        sixteenth. Kyougen is at least as old as Noh and is mentioned by Ze'ami.
        Here are several plays:

        Daikokurenga - gods & felicitous plays genre - 6 or more players & chorus
        Hachikurenga - friends & neighbours genre - 2 players
        Renganusubito - thieves genre - 3 players
        Rengabishamon - gods & felicitous plays genre - 3 & chorus

        I was actually thinking of one that is in the women's plays genre,
        but I can not
        remember its name off the top of my head.

        A few kyougen have been translated into English over the years, but
        most have not.
        There is an English book of play synopsis available. If I remember
        correctly, it was
        written by Donald Keene.

        | trash by my email filters. |