Nice Kabuto on Ebay!

  • Ricky Stewart
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&category=310&item=7138416071&rd=1

      There's only one bid on it right now. Anyone needing a good SCA
      combat helm this looks good.

      -Hamish
    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        > ViewItem&category=310&item=7138416071&rd=1
        >
        > There's only one bid on it right now. Anyone needing a good SCA
        > combat helm this looks good.
        >
        > -Hamish

        Small world - take 24768...

        I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
        I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
        only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

        Otagiri
      • Jason Lewis
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
          > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
          > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
          > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.
          >
          > Otagiri

          I messaged him and said it was to bad he has it up on auction. I have
          a 14th century "high peak" bascinet with bargrill and dogface visor
          made by Patrick Thaden I would have traded straight across for ;)

          Jirou

          --
          Jason Lewis
          E-Commerce and PHP Developer
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
            i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
            your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
            basinet from you. :)
            --kiyohara

            --- Jason Lewis <jason.lewis@...> wrote:

            > > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I
            > liked the construction,
            > > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that
            > owner is 'for real.' My
            > > only big complaint is that the paint is not
            > adhering well.
            > >
            > > Otagiri
            >
            > I messaged him and said it was to bad he has it up
            > on auction. I have
            > a 14th century "high peak" bascinet with bargrill
            > and dogface visor
            > made by Patrick Thaden I would have traded straight
            > across for ;)
            >
            > Jirou
            >
            > --
            > Jason Lewis
            > E-Commerce and PHP Developer

            > --------------------~-->
            > What would our lives be like without music, dance,
            > and theater?
            > Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for
            > Good!

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
          • Jason Lewis
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
              > i glad you winked at the end. I was about to question
              > your sanity..... or a least arrange to aquire the
              > basinet from you. :)
              > --kiyohara

              I am going to make either a 16 or 32 plate Kabuto, once it is done I
              will probably sell the bascinet for a sight less then I paid for it,
              cost me $700 brand new, it has some dings and needs a shine put back
              on it, but, it's a great helmet.

              Jirou

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)
                Thats why even though i dont need a basinet right now
                id aquire it if you were selling it for an equal to
                that kabuto.

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/PJ_qlB/TM

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                  > its from thaden... that goes without saying. :)

                  I wish I had the cash, I would have him make me a kabuto. There is one
                  on his site...thing of beauty...He is a great armourer. I will give
                  you first crack when I sell it.

                  Jirou

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Thought I would post this..

                    http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/index.htm

                    the first three pictures are my actual helmet ;)

                    And the kabuto is at

                    http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

                    Jirou

                    --
                    Jason Lewis
                    E-Commerce and PHP Developer
                  • Bubba
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Jason Lewis wrote:

                      > And the kabuto is at
                      >
                      > http://www.thadenarmory.com/tempport/pages/kabuto02.htm

                      "Made for a customer in Houston."

                      I know someone in Houston that had a kabuto made by Thaden. I have a sneaky
                      feeling the one in the pic was powdercoated red and weighs a ton.
                      --
                      Kagemasa
                      mysticz28@...
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                        Otagiri Tatsuzou wrote:

                        > Small world - take 24768...
                        >
                        > I saw this very helm not so many weeks ago. I liked the construction,
                        > I was amused by the grill, and can vouch that owner is 'for real.' My
                        > only big complaint is that the paint is not adhering well.

                        Take it apart and powdercoat it :)
                        --
                        Kagemasa
                        mysticz28@...
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                          Thank you kindly Otagiri for the vouch!
                          I had fun getting to fight with you accouple of weeks ago. I hope we
                          will get the chance again sometime!
                          About the helm, it is actually made by Dragon Forge Armoury. I think
                          the armours name was Ben Schnieder(sp?) Great armourer!
                          I love the Helm and I love the Japanese culture......I just know I
                          won't give it justice as a persona. So I have decided just to stick
                          with the A&S side of Japanese culture and stay with my
                          current...Hamish "The Pensic Mud Surfing Champion" Stewart!

                          If anyone has any questions about the helm just ask away!

                          -Hamish
                          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>