Re: Poetry news from Makiwara

  • Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      It has been my continued pleasure to participate in the exchange of
      poetry with the wonderful Makiwara-dono in various forums...
      Poetry was a typical and frequent indulgence of Samurai and Courtiers
      in my chosen time period (1330's - during the reign of Go Daigo
      Tenno) and I feel honored that the Lady Makiwara thinks my humble
      soldier's utterings are worth mention.
      My house codes do not forbid the study of poetry, and in the presence
      of the Honorable Legitimate Son of Heaven, it is a wise thing to be
      able to keep pace with the Kuge...
      I would also like to point out that Lady Makiwara-dono's work is
      quite tallented, friendly, and thought provoking...I invite you all
      to share prose with her...
      Date Saburou yukiie
      Yama Kaminari Ryu
      Shi wa hei to de aru - all are equal in the grave...

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "makiwara_no_yetsuko"