Re: [SCA-JML] Daibukan (Solvieg?)

  • sigrune@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
      Good Morning Solvieg,

      I have a quick question for you,
      where could one find/obtain a copy of the daibukan?

      Thank you,
      -Takeda
    • Solveig
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005

        >Good Morning Solvieg,
        >
        >I have a quick question for you,
        >where could one find/obtain a copy of the daibukan?

        It's one of those things that you find in the reference section of an
        East Asian
        research library. I think that University of Toronto and Harvard both
        have copies.
        The nice thing about the East Asian libraries at these two
        universities is that it
        is pretty easy to get into them. I think that Cornell may have a copy as well.
        Daibukan comes in several volumes. You only need Volume 1 through page 209.
        Daibukan was compiled by Hashimoto Hiroshi. It is essentially an armourial.
        You can find copies near you by searching WorldCat. Amazon does not carry this
        book, so you may have a hard time buying a copy. There are a few other Japanese
        online vendors which may have it.

        | trash by my email filters. |
      • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
          On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:25:27 -0500, Solveig <nostrand@...> wrote:

          > is pretty easy to get into them. I think that Cornell may have a copy as
          > well.
          > Daibukan comes in several volumes. You only need Volume 1 through page 209.
          > Daibukan was compiled by Hashimoto Hiroshi. It is essentially an armourial.
          > You can find copies near you by searching WorldCat. Amazon does not carry
          > this

          I also recommend the Freer-Sackler, as they have a great library for
          such things: it is free (although I recommend taking the metro in).
          You can even search online and find their library catalog so you can
          browse and get the reference numbers ahead of time--just go in, hand
          the aide your reference numbers, and they'll bring you out the books.
          They have a copier for bringing home specific items that you want to
          keep for further study, but I think you have to be pretty special to
          be allowed to actually remove it from the library.