Re: What should a lady wear...

  • Booknerd9@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2005

      If you are living out in the countryside, you should be
      > a "capital wanna be". The only exception to this sort of thing is the
      > deliberate
      > recluse and possibly a local magnate. However, the local magnate is most
      > likely going to ape the capital. So, if you want to be a nun, you can
      > go off and
      > wear different clothing in the countryside. You can also wear down-status
      > clothing if you are a fugitive or possibly an exile. But, why do you
      > want to live
      > that way?

      Ah, well, back to the fabric store or the Kamakura... heh, I think the latter is probably
      a more inexpensive option for the time being (; On the other hand, this means I'd
      need to go back to the drawing board with a surname and adjust the persona idea... I
      like the Sugawara surname but I don't know where the family ended up after the
      Heian period ended... Would they go to Dazaifu where their ancestor was enshrined?
      Their descendents, the Maeda clan, seems to have gone north...

      Though I'm considering the surname Tachibana too... apparently it's an old city on
      Kyushu. I know there's a huge list of surnames to pick from but most of them seem
      to be from late period....

      Eh, but that's a name problem, not a garb problem (;

      s.
      Nori