Re: [SCA-JML] Tengu (Was: How about this (Was: More name helprequested))

  • sigrune@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2005
      ::snip::
      >Not quite. If you visit a certain temple in Chichibu, you
      >will come across a bunch of oversized geta which
      >memorialize a bunch of Buddhist monks who are supposed
      >to have changed into tengu. I still do not recommend use
      >of tengu in personal names.
      ::end snip::

      And this is a good thing??!!?!

      All joking aside there are places/times/circumstances where the tengu are revered, and other times/places/circumstances where they are reviled.

      Also, please do not get me wrong... I have a couple of Tengu as friends... (You all know of whom I speak)

      -Takeda Sanjuichiro Akimasa
      (he who pilgrimages to Tengusanji)