Re: [SCA-JML] Divination, Yi-Jing, and Forbidden Directions

  • Dean Wayland
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2005
      Ii-dono,

      Thanks for that, very clear. Curiously, some years ago I penned a short
      piece on directions, hours etc. and had said that maybe that the
      combined animal names may have been used for indicating the mid-points,
      in time or space, but I said that this was mere speculation on my part.
      Its nice to see that form still follows function on occasions.

      I'll keep a watch for any future updates. I confess that I'm looking
      forward to settling down and reading your article, nicely done.

      Yours

      Dean

      Ii-dono wrote:
      > The 8 trigrams were also used, in the King Wen arrangement, and
      > they
      > would be used to indicate NE, NW, SE, and SW; usually pronounced as
      > the two zodiac animals the direction is between.
      >
      > For instance:
      >
      > N is 'Ne'
      > NNE is 'Ushi'
      > NE is 'Ushi-Tora'