Re: [SCA-JML] Re: "Thing n' the Woods, and Japanese Last names"

  • Heather Murray
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2005
      brothervalarien wrote:

      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Lawless"
      > <uesugi_ichirou_shigezumi@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey greetings again all,
      > >
      > > Looking for some info on Thing in the Woods event that takes place
      > > around fall of the year, also BIG question, do Japanese women
      > change
      > > there last name when married to the husbands last name, like
      > > american tradition, not judging or diss'ing the Japanese just
      > > wondering if it was still the same in that aspect of marrage?
      > >
      > > Uesugi
      >
      > Konbanwa Uesugi-sama... Thing in the Woods is hosted by the Shire of
      > Easaraigh. Are you located close to Cookville, TN? It is not my home
      > group, but I know some people there. They are only about 10-15
      > minutes further away than my own Barony of Thors Mountain. If you are
      > looking for specific information, I can probably put you in touch
      > with the right people, though it may take a day or two.
      >
      > Iwakawa Yoshimasa

      Oddly enough, Iwakawa-sama(?), you don't need to! ::waves:: There's a
      member of that Shire on this list - me. What information do you need,
      Uesugo-sama(?)? If I can't answer your question, I can certainly put you
      in contact with the intended autocrat. It *is* in fall - normally in
      October, but we've moved on account of larger events with traditionally
      more draw. It takes place within our demesnes, usually at a local Boy
      Scout park which is fairly primitive. We'll have every form of weapon we
      have a marshall for (and now we have youth rapier and heavy marshalls, I
      believe - I know about the youth rapier, since I live with him), plus
      classes. If you have any other questions, please email me off list at
      margaret@ easaraigh dotorg, and if I can't answer it, I'll put you in
      contact with someone who can.

      Margaret Northwode, who doesn't have an alternate Japanese name yet.