Need help to determine how much odoshi for yoroi

  • jeremy_kroeker
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2005
      I will make an educated guess but I would also like to get experienced
      advice.

      I am focusing on the dou and kusazuri right now. Here are the stats of
      the armor I plan to lace.

      Dou (odoshi: sugake(mogami style), new style okegawa)
      Front Tateage(3 lames): 7 sugake pairs per lame
      Front Nagagawa(5 lames): 13 sugake pairs per lame
      Front Munaiita to top tateage connection is by nawame anchor lacing
      Rear Tateage(4 lames): 8 sugake pairs per lame
      Rear Nagagawa(5 lames): 14 sugake pairs per lame
      Rear Munaiita to top tateage connection is by nawame anchor lacing
      The fifth nagagawa lame will connect to the kusazuri by nawame anchor
      lacing
      Kusazuri (mogami style)
      Each Kusazuri have 5 sugake pairs with a total of 6 lames per kusazuri
      set and a total of 6 sets.
      The kusazuri attaching to the nagagawa lame will have nawame anchor
      lacing.

      For the size of the lames I follow Anthony J. Bryant's Patterns and
      according to the spacing for sugake lacing I follow the 3/8" spacing.

      Please ask any questions so that you can give an accurate guestimate.

      Jeremy Kroeker