Emergency Management Planning -- Resource Request

  • elizabethchase1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
      Gentle, (and not so gentle) Cousins,

      I've been away, and quite ill, but have loved catching up on the
      posts. You are all so smart and wise.... I'm honored to be among you.

      This past weekend, at our 12th Night celebration, I proved once again
      that my mother should have given me the name Pandora, for at least a
      middle name.

      And, I could use a bit of your learned wisdom.

      I got my myself, somehow, into the position of Children's Activities
      Coordinator at the upcoming Warriors & Warlords event here in
      Northshield this coming July. Mostly, I think, because I like being
      with the kids, making stuff, and getting messy, lol.

      One of the items on my job description list is to coordinate an
      emergency response plan with my security director and chirurgeon.

      Well, kewl, I thought. I'll just find the previous one and update it.

      Hell. There isn't one, but the event autocrat, in her inimitable
      wisdom says, 'hey, Rizii.... there isn't one in writing, but that's a
      great idea. How about you develop a plan, discuss it with the
      security director & chirurgeon, put it in writing, and we'll sit down
      and discuss it.'

      Today I read the Chirurgeon's & Seneschal's Handbooks, and would be
      keenly interested in anyone's experience, mundane knowledge, and
      general questions of concern.

      I plan to mainly concentrate on aspects of children's safety, so a
      good place to start might be to ask what plans would you like to see
      in place for your children, and the children of your friends?

      I'm thinking of contacting each kingdom directly for thier existing
      plans; good idea, or no?

      Your most obedient servant,

      Rizii
      (though unrepentently mischievious)
    • makiwara_no_yetsuko
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2005
        Hime! There you are!

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "elizabethchase1"
        <elizabethlchase@m...> wrote:
        > I've been away, and quite ill, but have loved catching up on the
        > posts.
        Hope you're feeling better.

        > I'm thinking of contacting each kingdom directly for thier existing
        > plans; good idea, or no?
        Start by searching kingdom websites too - what you're looking for
        might already exist in an officers' handbook someplace. But yeah, I
        can sic you on some folks out here: The kingdom Chirurgeon for the
        West, Lord Michel MacSeoin, and our Page School Chancellor, Boyar Ivan
        Ivanovich of Streltsov can be reached at chirurgeon at westkingdom dot
        org and pageschool at westkingdom dot org respectively (remove spaces
        and insert appropriate punctuation for these e-addresses to work).
        Tell them Jehanne de Wodeford sent you - they know me better under
        that name. Ivan may also be able to give you suggestions on
        kid-friendly activities, if you're looking for such things.

        Good to have you back!
        Makiwara