Re: [SCA-JML] Re: hi

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2005
      On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Solveig wrote:

      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! Very technically, the $3.00 fee surcharge is
      > charged on non-discounted site fees. So, if your group decides upon a
      > class of people to take less money from, then you don't have to charge
      > these people the $3.00 fee either. --

      Although people should note that a) if they discount all non-members, then
      the members are going to get a little upset (why am *I* paying so I can
      pay more?) and if they discount everybody then it is no longer a discount.

      -Ii
    • Armando
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 25, 2006
        Hello. I just decided today that I should go for a late period
        Japanese persona instead of a roman persona. I found a few websites
        that really helped me out with the japanese armor. I still am curious
        about the helms. can anyone help me find someone who makes custom
        (accurate) japanese kabutos so i can get a quote. much thanks.

        Armando
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 26, 2006

          > Hello. I just decided today that I should go for a late period
          > Japanese persona instead of a roman persona. I found a few websites
          > that really helped me out with the japanese armor. I still am curious
          > about the helms. can anyone help me find someone who makes custom
          > (accurate) japanese kabutos so i can get a quote. much thanks.
          Are you looking for historically accurate or a list legal helmet
          which is made
          to look pretty accurate?

        • armando miccoli
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 26, 2006
            list legal. i am talking to the guy from black hydra armouries about making a kabuto for me. do you know if he is good or not. all of his work I have seen so far is good and everybody speaks well of him. what is your opinion?

            Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote: Noble Cousin!

            Greetings from Solveig!

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 26, 2006
              Armando,

              Welcome!

              If you are looking for a Kabuto (both the singular and the plural of most japanese words are the same... no need to add an "s") you can do no better than one by Black Hydra Armories

              http://www.blackhydraarmouries.com/Base/myhome.htm

              -Takeda
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 26, 2006

                > If you are looking for a Kabuto (both the singular and the plural
                > of most japanese words are the same... no need to add an "s") you
                > can do no better than one by Black Hydra Armories

                While the Black Hydra people are inexpensive, I think that you are
                likely to be happier if you can talk Ogami or one of his assistants
                into making a helmet for you. You can also follow the plans which are
                posted. Here is an example of a recent helmet.

                http://www.yamakaminari.com/

                Please note that the Black Hydra people are currently only selling
                stock items, so you would have to buy one of their jingasa. I think
                that you will probably feel better with a fancier helmet.
                Incidentally, the horns in the picture are held on with magnets and
                are removable. The helmet itself is list legal.

              • armando miccoli
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 26, 2006
                  i was talking to the guy from black hydra armories and he said he didnt consider a kabuto a "custom order" and he would do one for me. by ogami, do you mean ogamibusho on these boards? is ther any particular website for me to look at some of his work. thank you.

                  Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@...> wrote: Noble Cousin!

                  Greetings from Solveig!

                  > If you are looking for a Kabuto (both the singular and the plural
                  > of most japanese words are the same... no need to add an "s") you
                  > can do no better than one by Black Hydra Armories

                  While the Black Hydra people are inexpensive, I think that you are
                  likely to be happier if you can talk Ogami or one of his assistants
                  into making a helmet for you. You can also follow the plans which are
                  posted. Here is an example of a recent helmet.

                  http://www.yamakaminari.com/

                  Please note that the Black Hydra people are currently only selling
                  stock items, so you would have to buy one of their jingasa. I think
                  that you will probably feel better with a fancier helmet.
                  Incidentally, the horns in the picture are held on with magnets and
                  are removable. The helmet itself is list legal.

                • Michael Peters
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 26, 2006
                    All,

                    I guess I need to reword my site. I *do* take orders and have a queue. I
                    don't consider most kabuto custom. Standard items that, should life fall on
                    the customer, I can sell to someone else are not custom. A Nio dou for
                    someone 6'4" 275# would be a custom.

                    Kurodachi no Mykaru
                    Black Hydra Armouries

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 26, 2006
                      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, armando miccoli <asmiv@...> wrote:

                      > list legal. i am talking to the guy from black hydra armouries about
                      making a kabuto for me. do you know if he is good or not. all of his
                      work I have seen so far is good and everybody speaks well of him. what
                      is your opinion?

                      Good is an understatement. His stuff is exquisite. It looks like the
                      real thing.

                      Saionji no Hanae
                      West
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 27, 2006

                        > i was talking to the guy from black hydra armories and he said he
                        > didnt consider a kabuto a "custom order" and he would do one for
                        > me. by ogami, do you mean ogamibusho on these boards? is ther any
                        > particular website for me to look at some of his work. thank you.

                        > http://www.yamakaminari.com/

                        The helmet in the photo was made by Ogami.