Re: Bulk kozane

  • Otagiri Tatsuzou
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      > Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
      > about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
      > around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
      > make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
      > and kasazuri to be authentic...
      >
      > Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
      > $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

      Some work I have done with the Effingham kozane. No new progress in
      the last three months as I have been working other projects (among
      them, an all metal kit). I ordered 2000 kozane for a domaru and o-sode.
      http://tousando.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=armour&action=display&num=1096411253

      Otagiri
    • Park McKellop
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
        I figure it would cost me closer to $600+, but I'm a 'robustus' not a 'gracile'. ;-)

        Alcyoneus

        raijin31 <raijin31@...> wrote:

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
        > Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great
        for a
        > generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it
        we
        > realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
        > specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they
        react.

        > -Ii

        Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
        about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
        around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
        make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
        and kasazuri to be authentic...

        Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
        $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

        Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool and the armor
        is going to look pretty damned spiff when he's done!!!

        Otoshi

      • Tim adams
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
          >Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made
          >one row about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. <snip>
          >Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool
          >and the armor is going to look pretty damned spiff when
          >he's done!!!
          >Otoshi

          What Otoshi-dono said!!
          And thanks you.
          I am happy with them, ~130-150 for one time around x 4
          will complete my Do, so 600 plates ~$150
          For the rest I have some sheet abs that I will sugake lace lam's together for the other pieces. armor should be looking good by lillies.. later on I can finish out the kozane armor pieces.
          Tadamitsu

        • Jason Lewis
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
            I have my second order of 500 delivering today and that will pretty
            much do my body the way I have it figured, I am however relacing it in
            true kebiki odoshi, so this might change. I will try to get some pics
            up with my measurements as I go so that people can guestimate from my
            size what they would need.

            Takamatsu no Daijiro Muneaki

            --
            Jason Lewis
            E-Commerce and PHP Developer

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                > Would that be XXL? ;-)
                >
                > Alcyoneus

                Your Excellancy, with all due respect, you are the last one who should
                be making chubby jokes ;)

                Takamatsu

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Watcootryingtosay, Lewis...???

                  But I'm wiry!

                  Alcyoneus

                  Jason Lewis <jason.lewis@...> wrote:
                  > Would that be XXL? ;-)
                  >
                  > Alcyoneus

                  Your Excellancy, with all due respect, you are the last one who should
                  be making chubby jokes ;)

                  Takamatsu

                • raijin31
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 3, 2005