Re: Bulk kozane

  • raijin31
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
      > Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great
      for a
      > generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it
      we
      > realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
      > specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they
      react.

      > -Ii

      Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
      about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
      around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
      make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
      and kasazuri to be authentic...

      Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
      $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

      Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool and the armor
      is going to look pretty damned spiff when he's done!!!

      Otoshi
    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
        > Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
        > about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
        > around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
        > make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
        > and kasazuri to be authentic...
        >
        > Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
        > $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

        Some work I have done with the Effingham kozane. No new progress in
        the last three months as I have been working other projects (among
        them, an all metal kit). I ordered 2000 kozane for a domaru and o-sode.
        http://tousando.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=armour&action=display&num=1096411253

        Otagiri
      • Park McKellop
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
          I figure it would cost me closer to $600+, but I'm a 'robustus' not a 'gracile'. ;-)

          Alcyoneus

          raijin31 <raijin31@...> wrote:

          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
          > Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great
          for a
          > generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it
          we
          > realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
          > specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they
          react.

          > -Ii

          Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
          about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
          around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
          make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
          and kasazuri to be authentic...

          Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
          $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

          Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool and the armor
          is going to look pretty damned spiff when he's done!!!

          Otoshi

        • Tim adams
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
            >Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made
            >one row about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. <snip>
            >Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool
            >and the armor is going to look pretty damned spiff when
            >he's done!!!
            >Otoshi

            What Otoshi-dono said!!
            And thanks you.
            I am happy with them, ~130-150 for one time around x 4
            will complete my Do, so 600 plates ~$150
            For the rest I have some sheet abs that I will sugake lace lam's together for the other pieces. armor should be looking good by lillies.. later on I can finish out the kozane armor pieces.
            Tadamitsu

          • Jason Lewis
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
              I have my second order of 500 delivering today and that will pretty
              much do my body the way I have it figured, I am however relacing it in
              true kebiki odoshi, so this might change. I will try to get some pics
              up with my measurements as I go so that people can guestimate from my
              size what they would need.

              Takamatsu no Daijiro Muneaki

              --
              Jason Lewis
              E-Commerce and PHP Developer

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                  > Would that be XXL? ;-)
                  >
                  > Alcyoneus

                  Your Excellancy, with all due respect, you are the last one who should
                  be making chubby jokes ;)

                  Takamatsu

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                    Watcootryingtosay, Lewis...???