Shields

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      I know I'm going to hate myself for this:

      I have two examples of shields, but they are Nara (a wooden shield) and
      Kofun (an iron shield). Regrettably, there is no evidence of how they
      were used, but seem to be more like Roman shields without the curve. I'll
      see if I can't get any more information.

      -Ii
    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
        > I know I'm going to hate myself for this:
        >
        > I have two examples of shields, but they are Nara (a wooden shield) and
        > Kofun (an iron shield). Regrettably, there is no evidence of how they
        > were used, but seem to be more like Roman shields without the curve.
        I'll
        > see if I can't get any more information.
        >
        > -Ii

        I didn't know that this was in question for the kofun. Haniwa have
        been found with shields.
        site: http://www.ggpl.org/carl/musdi/haniwa.html
        img: http://www.ggpl.org/carl/musdi/fig01.jpg

        Otagiri