Re: [SCA-JML] Bulk kozane

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great for a
      generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it we
      realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
      specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they react.

      -Ii
    • raijin31
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
        > Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great
        for a
        > generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it
        we
        > realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
        > specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they
        react.

        > -Ii

        Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
        about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
        around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
        make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
        and kasazuri to be authentic...

        Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
        $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

        Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool and the armor
        is going to look pretty damned spiff when he's done!!!

        Otoshi
      • Otagiri Tatsuzou
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
          > Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
          > about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
          > around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
          > make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
          > and kasazuri to be authentic...
          >
          > Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
          > $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

          Some work I have done with the Effingham kozane. No new progress in
          the last three months as I have been working other projects (among
          them, an all metal kit). I ordered 2000 kozane for a domaru and o-sode.
          http://tousando.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=armour&action=display&num=1096411253

          Otagiri
        • Park McKellop
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
            I figure it would cost me closer to $600+, but I'm a 'robustus' not a 'gracile'. ;-)

            Alcyoneus

            raijin31 <raijin31@...> wrote:

            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
            > Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great
            for a
            > generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it
            we
            > realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
            > specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they
            react.

            > -Ii

            Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
            about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
            around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
            make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
            and kasazuri to be authentic...

            Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
            $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

            Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool and the armor
            is going to look pretty damned spiff when he's done!!!

            Otoshi

          • Tim adams
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
              >Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made
              >one row about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. <snip>
              >Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool
              >and the armor is going to look pretty damned spiff when
              >he's done!!!
              >Otoshi

              What Otoshi-dono said!!
              And thanks you.
              I am happy with them, ~130-150 for one time around x 4
              will complete my Do, so 600 plates ~$150
              For the rest I have some sheet abs that I will sugake lace lam's together for the other pieces. armor should be looking good by lillies.. later on I can finish out the kozane armor pieces.
              Tadamitsu

            • Jason Lewis
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                I have my second order of 500 delivering today and that will pretty
                much do my body the way I have it figured, I am however relacing it in
                true kebiki odoshi, so this might change. I will try to get some pics
                up with my measurements as I go so that people can guestimate from my
                size what they would need.

                Takamatsu no Daijiro Muneaki

                --
                Jason Lewis
                E-Commerce and PHP Developer

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                    > Would that be XXL? ;-)
                    >
                    > Alcyoneus

                    Your Excellancy, with all due respect, you are the last one who should
                    be making chubby jokes ;)

                    Takamatsu

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                      Watcootryingtosay, Lewis...???