Bulk kozane

  • seiichiro2501
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
      Just found this and added a bookmark to the links page:

      Bulk Kozane: http://www.plasticlamellar.com/products.htm

      Scroll toward the bottom.
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
        Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great for a
        generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it we
        realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
        specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they react.

        -Ii
      • raijin31
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
          > Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great
          for a
          > generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it
          we
          > realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
          > specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they
          react.

          > -Ii

          Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
          about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
          around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
          make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
          and kasazuri to be authentic...

          Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
          $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

          Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool and the armor
          is going to look pretty damned spiff when he's done!!!

          Otoshi
        • Otagiri Tatsuzou
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2005
            > Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
            > about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
            > around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
            > make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
            > and kasazuri to be authentic...
            >
            > Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
            > $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

            Some work I have done with the Effingham kozane. No new progress in
            the last three months as I have been working other projects (among
            them, an all metal kit). I ordered 2000 kozane for a domaru and o-sode.
            http://tousando.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=armour&action=display&num=1096411253

            Otagiri
          • Park McKellop
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
              I figure it would cost me closer to $600+, but I'm a 'robustus' not a 'gracile'. ;-)

              Alcyoneus

              raijin31 <raijin31@...> wrote:

              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ii Saburou <logan@m...> wrote:
              > Yup. Effingham kozane (named for our own Hiraizumi-dono). Great
              for a
              > generic suit, although it is one-size fits all, and playing with it
              we
              > realized that shaped plates (e.g. nodowa) will probably need to be
              > specially made. Takeda-dono can give a better report on how they
              react.

              > -Ii

              Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made one row
              about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. Not quite enough to go all the way
              around his chest. He'll need several hundred more if he wants to
              make a do-maru, and several hundred additional if he wants the sode
              and kasazuri to be authentic...

              Personally, I would guess-timate somewhere in the vicinity of about
              $300 for all the kozone, if not more, for a typical standard do-maru.

              Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool and the armor
              is going to look pretty damned spiff when he's done!!!

              Otoshi

            • Tim adams
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                >Tadamitsu-dono purchased a hundred ($24 worth). It made
                >one row about 2 1/2 to 3 feet long. <snip>
                >Now, with that being said, the plates are pretty cool
                >and the armor is going to look pretty damned spiff when
                >he's done!!!
                >Otoshi

                What Otoshi-dono said!!
                And thanks you.
                I am happy with them, ~130-150 for one time around x 4
                will complete my Do, so 600 plates ~$150
                For the rest I have some sheet abs that I will sugake lace lam's together for the other pieces. armor should be looking good by lillies.. later on I can finish out the kozane armor pieces.
                Tadamitsu

              • Jason Lewis
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                  I have my second order of 500 delivering today and that will pretty
                  much do my body the way I have it figured, I am however relacing it in
                  true kebiki odoshi, so this might change. I will try to get some pics
                  up with my measurements as I go so that people can guestimate from my
                  size what they would need.

                  Takamatsu no Daijiro Muneaki

                  --
                  Jason Lewis
                  E-Commerce and PHP Developer

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                      > Would that be XXL? ;-)
                      >
                      > Alcyoneus

                      Your Excellancy, with all due respect, you are the last one who should
                      be making chubby jokes ;)

                      Takamatsu

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                        Watcootryingtosay, Lewis...???