Nikki bungaku

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      Greetings to the list!

      For the recent Queen's Prize Tournament here in Calontir, I wrote an
      excerpt from a nikki bungaku (poetic diary). I did get some helpful
      comments from my judges, (including his Excellency Akitsuki Yoshimitsu
      from this very list) and some nice compliments from various other folks,
      and a whole lot of "Um...looks like a LOT of work, I really don't know
      anything about Japanese stuff, etc". (I did get more comments about my
      display--I transposed the first page into hiragana and made a scroll so
      people would have something to look at besides a binder). So I thought
      perhaps that I would ask for feedback from this list as well, since many
      of you are acquainted with the genre. Plus I figured some of ya'll
      might want to see it. :-)

      It's a decent length (about 15 pages for the nikki, plus 11 pages
      documentation/bibliography), so it may take a little time to read. Some
      of the poetry may look familiar--I've posted some of it on this list in
      the past year or so.
      http://www.livejournal.com/users/akikawa_nikki/7051.html

      Thanks for any advice you may have. I'm self-taught in my knowledge of
      Japanese literature--reading a lot of books, basically--so I'm sure
      there are HUGE gaps in my knowledge!

      Writing from my home overlooking the Great River,

      Ki no Torahime

      (aka Tace of Foxele)

      Riverwatch, Calontir