Re: Kura and other tack

  • raijin31
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2005
      Thanks. I generally keep an eye out on Ebay for stuff, which is
      actually what enabled me to do further research on a couple of other
      things, like the bit (kutsuwa).

      I've got a couple of contacts in Japan, but even they have had a hard
      time coming across anything other than being able to attend a
      festival or two and send pictures of the mounted participants...

      Thanks for the info, though!!

      Otoshi

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sigrune@a... wrote:
      > I had seen some horse tack (japanese) on ebay a while back... maybe
      occasionally searching there may wind up some results... I
      understand you may wish to make one, but A. if you find one that is
      reasonably priced you may wish to buy it and thus see the
      construction... B. you may be able to contact the seller and find out
      if there are current sources or dealers who specialize in it. By
      doing that you may be able to track down the various dealers and
      possibly makers.

      > Another avenue to explore is to contact the groups who do/run the
      festivals and archery competitions, they may either have plans or
      have contacts to manufactureres/reproduction artists.