"seii taishogun" (and then whothe****I am)

  • lynnx@enteract.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2000
      (sister ed jumps in with both feet, before even intro-ing
      myself:-)

      Hi Effingham you didn't think i'd be this hard to shake
      didja?
      <bugbugbug
      Still waiting on kataginu and that scale info.... I badgered
      'Moto into going over to your class this year and... no
      kozane scale how-2!
      /bugbugbug> ;-)

      Nice to get my first digest after signing onto this list
      consisting of a good solid critique of some stuff I
      ***haven't*** heard of before. As for input...

      I sorta like "General X Barbarian-Smusher" (with appropriate
      fanfare).

      > Barbara Nostrand wrote:
      >
      > > I prefer to translate Seii taishougun as: "Barbarian Surpressing
      > > Generalissimo". Surpressing seems to hold a bit more panache for
      > > me than subduing.
      <snip>
      > Ah, but of suppressing, or subduing, which is longer lasting? (Academic,
      > really, since neither being suppressed or subdued is likely to be permanent
      > <G>.) I do think suppressing is less forceful than subduing, though. You
      > can suppress an insurrection, but the insurrectionists are still there. If
      > you subdue them, it's no longer an issue.

      Hey could someone point me to some kind of list of the books
      you folks have related to armoring, costume and textile? I
      like pretty much everything *after* Heian, especially after
      the "box" armor started fitting a little better, right up to
      1600. Especially w/ hon kozane scales.

      (still looking for a way to crank 'em out fast and cheap...
      3,000 times 13 holes 1 hole at a time!? Only if i come back
      as me about 3 or 4 more times...)

      Since I'm a newbie on this list, i'm not familiar with a lot
      of stuff you folks forgot you ever didn't know about:-)

      YIS

      Sister Ed(winna) the Disorganized
      untitled
      (so i can say whatever i want, without losing face when i
      show my vast ignorance on a topic:)
      (Middle K, Chi. area of IL)
    • bambooni@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2000
        In a message dated 9/18/00 3:05:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        ajbryant@... writes:

        > I'm sending you a private mailing with the patterns.
        >

        > Effingham

        I'm jealous!!!

        Takabayashi Genpachi
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2000
          bambooni@... wrote:

          > > I'm sending you a private mailing with the patterns.
          > >

          > I'm jealous!!!

          Maybe I should just upload the pattern files to the E-groups page?

          Effingham
        • Helen Nauert
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2000
            bambooni@... wrote:

            > I'm jealous!!!
            >
            > Takabayashi Genpachi

            Ask him nicely, promise not to wear it to SCA events, and he'll probably
            share with you, too...

            Helen/Celestia
            delightedly awaiting arrival of her copy..... :)

          • bambooni@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2000
              In a message dated 9/18/00 8:42:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              ajbryant@... writes:

              > Maybe I should just upload the pattern files to the E-groups page?
              >
              > Effingham

              OH please please please please please!!!!!!!!

              Takabayashi Genpachi
              Who's still waiting for the CA to come out......
            • Marc Choronzey
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2000
                Two things: Could I have the ISBNs of Effingham's publishings and

                where do I write/ call to get the Complete anachronist's guide
                to japan(or something to that effect).

                -Shimaha.

                http://profiles.msn.com