Hero

  • Elaine Koogler
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2004
      Good Friends,
      Well, I just got to see "Hero" finally...it took my dear husband giving
      it to me for Christmas to get to see it. WOW!!! What a wonderful
      movie. All that you alls aid about it was absolutely true. Thanks so
      much for your commentary...which encouraged me to ask for it.

      The garb and other things were "spot on", according to tomb rubbings and
      other artifacts from the period...even the calligraphy was, to the best
      of my knowledge, correct for the period. It was very exciting to see a
      period of Chinese history that I'd only seen artifacts from portrayed in
      a movie. Even the musical instrument that the old musician was playing
      in the opening scene was similar to those I had seen at the Sackler
      Gallery when they had the show of the instruments found in the tomb of
      the Duke of Yu, from about that period.

      I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and that your New Year is
      prosperous and filled with good luck!

      Kiri