Re: [SCA-JML] Cold Sake BAD!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2000
      keivn Mason wrote:

      > As I have posted before. I like Sake, and at events People like to
      > give me sake just because I have a Japanese person. Here is
      > my problem. What is the best way to warm sake at events? It is
      > not often that I get "Sliver Label" (cold drinking sake)

      Actually, most sake taste better cold. There are some that are specifically
      brewed to be served warm. Warm means body temperature; not above 102°! I've
      seldom found an American restaurant that serves it right; they tend to
      serve it hot. Sake isn't coffee, dammit. If it's so warm/hot you HAVE to
      sip it, send it back and tell them to do it right, as they've destroyed
      that batch. (You might want to drop something in the tokkuri to make sure
      they don't just take it back and let it cool a bit... <G>)

      I prefer chilled, as junmai daiginjo and junmai ginjo should be served. Now
      that I think about it, I have a bottle of Momokawa in the fridge I should
      attack...

      As to how to warm it at events, it's easy; put it in the tokkuri, put the
      tokkuri in a pot of water, and put the H2O on a fire. When the sake feels
      warm to your finger, it's ready to drink.