Re: Digest Number 1662

  • Booknerd9@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2004
      > Noble Cousin!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! Nezumi is a bit long for the root form of a name.
      > Mice are supposed to be a bit felicitous, so I suppose someone might use
      > it as a nickname. In general,
      > --

      Well, I wasn't seriously considering Nezumi at all, just sort of being cute about the
      differences between what someone considers adorable or pretty and what is
      considered icky. Generally, some things are certainly icky- mold, dead things, etc. But
      when it comes to certain animals, it's a close call, especially with cultural significance
      in mind.
      In other words, I was probably just going to pick a flower anyway. Knowing my mom,
      if she was transported back into Heian era Japan, she'd go with Nadeshiko, as it's
      pink, adorable and very feminine... which is pretty reminiscent of how my bedroom
      and wardrobe looked until I was twelve or so... Yeah, we're to create whole new
      personas, but I'd like some tie-in to who I am. (: