  • keivn Mason
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2000
      My Village just came back from Ducal in the West Kingdom. This
      was our first event and My first in my Japanese persona. I
      noticed some Cool things about having a Japanese household
      (fishing village)

      * we stand out in the dark. While wearing a bamboo hat and
      fishing pole I was able to spot one of our members in a crowd, in
      the dark, at 50 yards. (Have you ever tried to look for some one in
      a cloak with black boots?)
      *flies will not land on Wasabi
      * Every one knows you like Sake and offers it as a gift. (I was
      given 3 bottles this weekend)
      *Japanese garb is easier to get into/out of after a hangover (from
      free sake)

      Folding fans (not sure if they are period) are good for many
      things.
      * Impromptu sunblock
      *Fly swatter (got 6 my self this weekend)
      *Smacking the servants (just kidding) you point a fan at a child
      and all of a sudden they drop what ever they were not supposed
      to be doing and behave.
      * Cloaking device. (Doh!!!! Here she Comes no place to hide
      FLIP POOOF and your gone) assuming that person does not
      know you have a Japanese persona.

      One last thing
      Hakama + privy = ? I had problems this weekend.
      (Please don't post answers I'm sure that people don't
      want
      details)

      Takanami
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2000
        Noble Cousin!

        1) The Japanese invented folding fans.

        2) They are definitely period (for Japanese at least).

        | techie.com, msn.com |
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2000
          Barbara Nostrand wrote:

          > 1) The Japanese invented folding fans.

          As anyone (especially larger foreigners) who's ever gone to a game at the
          Chunichi Dragons home stadium and tried to sit in the seats can attest...