Re: looking for....

  • jademoon@io.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
      that being said, do you know of any online sources where I can
      purchase sewing patterns for period style Kimono? I am not much at
      sewing, but I am willing to give a whirl as well as bringing out my
      machine, dusting it off and giving it a good cussing as I sew merrily
      along.....
    • kujika@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
        you can find much of what your looking for at www.japan-shop.com
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000

          Since September 2 is one of those divide by 10 milestone birthdays
          for me, I sent off an order for the Nuikata book to Japan around
          5:00 PM on September 1. Happy Birthday Solveig! As for everyone
          else, please forgive this piece of self-indulgence. I'm in a new
          town, without a place to live yet, and do not have a significant
          other to engage in birthday wishes.

          | techie.com, msn.com |
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2000
            Barbara Nostrand wrote:

            > Why cann't I find my books with the nice pictures when I need
            > them? SIGH.

            Because they're packed somewhere.

            You really need to unpack those books, kiddo. <G>

            Effingham
          • Barbara Nostrand
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000
              Baron Edward!

              I need to find a place to live first. Most of the book shelves in my
              office are already full. I have three count them three seven foot
              book cases in my office. (I swapped out a shorter book case for a
              taller one when I arrived in August.) I do have what little of the
              besatsu series and my large size Japanese dictionary out though.

              | techie.com, msn.com |
            • Barbara Nostrand
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000
                Baron Edward!

                Greetings from Solveig! Clan Yamakaminari has for reasons unknown to me
                decided that they want to have a Noh stage complete with Noh plays at
                Pennsic XXX. I am currently thinking of staging Atsumori (which I think
                can count as a ghost play) followed by Yo'uchi Soga (a warrior play)
                with an intervening kyogen and with inter-act ai-kyogen. Possibly
                something like Hachiman no Mae, Boshibari, Busu, Bikusada, Kusabira,
                Kubihiki, Fukurou, or Hanatorizumo. What do you think?

                | techie.com, msn.com |