Samurai Class in SCA

  • Yamashiro Kato'
    Message 1 of 74 , Dec 6, 2004
      Konnichiwa,

      A question has come up in my little corner of the Known World and I was hoping
      for opinions from the honored list.

      "In the SCA, when would you be considered a Samurai?"

      I play the game as though I'm not a Samurai until I am elevated to the Order of
      the Chivalry. To me, being a Samurai is the equivalent to being a Knight.
      Does anyone have any other perspectives?

      -A nip named Kato

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Solveig
      Message 74 of 74 , Dec 14, 2004

        Greetings from Solveig! I agree with Baron Edward about this business of
        the hatamoto. In the Society, the order of the chivalry is not in an
        essentially personal relationship comparable to a squire to a knight, but
        in a public and governmental way. While Baron Edward and I may disagree
        about just how to best represent knighthood, the hatamoto are not the way
        to represent it.

        | trash by my email filters. |