Webroot.com

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
      I ran it, and it said I had 3 items. Comet cursor, push.com, and a third one. I'm willing to bet that it will 'find' those on every computer in existence, as a selling ploy. I've had comet cursor, and that is a pain to remove. Adaware checks for it so I'm pretty sure I really don't have it.

      Alcyoneus

      Elizabeth Chase <elizabethlchase@...> wrote:
      I employ a gang of shinobi who scout for spyware....... WebRoot's Spy Sweeper http://www.webroot.com holds back the invading
      hordes fairly well. Then I have two firewalls.......... Microsoft's and ZoneLabs.

      The first time I ran SpySweeper it picked up files and bits in the mid-4,000s...... one to four a day since then, and my 'puter
      is much faster and obedient.

    • Elizabeth Chase
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
        Nopers, it won't 'find' them on every computer. I ran that check and it didn't come up. The two you named have never been on my
        computer. Comet Cursor rides in very sneakily, though, through a self-installer. If you disable that function in your settings,
        some of that stuff won't get through.

        I like a lot of the suggestions the others had, 'cause I'm not very happy with MSN and IE. Gets my eyes all Clinty-like............

        Hope you find something that works for you,

        Rizii

        I ran it, and it said I had 3 items. Comet cursor, push.com, and a third one. I'm willing to bet that it will 'find' those on
        every computer in existence, as a selling ploy. I've had comet cursor, and that is a pain to remove. Adaware checks for it so I'm
        pretty sure I really don't have it.

        Alcyoneus

        Elizabeth Chase <elizabethlchase@...> wrote:
        I employ a gang of shinobi who scout for spyware....... WebRoot's Spy Sweeper http://www.webroot.com holds back the invading
        hordes fairly well. Then I have two firewalls.......... Microsoft's and ZoneLabs.

        The first time I ran SpySweeper it picked up files and bits in the mid-4,000s...... one to four a day since then, and my 'puter
        is much faster and obedient.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---