Re: Spyware, perhaps? Re: [SCA-JML] Big Brother Yahoo is watching

  • Jason Lewis
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
      If you must use IE an option is called Maxthon, it's an
      freeware/donationware "shell" for IE that has tabbed browsing windows
      and Active-X and popup blockers and a plethora of other really cool
      features. I have been using it for 2 years (used to be called MyIE)
      and I am extremely happy with it. Happy enough in fact that I actually
      sent them a donation. I don't ever do that!!!
      --
      Jason Lewis
      E-Commerce and PHP Developer
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
        I ran it, and it said I had 3 items. Comet cursor, push.com, and a third one. I'm willing to bet that it will 'find' those on every computer in existence, as a selling ploy. I've had comet cursor, and that is a pain to remove. Adaware checks for it so I'm pretty sure I really don't have it.

        Alcyoneus

        Elizabeth Chase <elizabethlchase@...> wrote:
        I employ a gang of shinobi who scout for spyware....... WebRoot's Spy Sweeper http://www.webroot.com holds back the invading
        hordes fairly well. Then I have two firewalls.......... Microsoft's and ZoneLabs.

        The first time I ran SpySweeper it picked up files and bits in the mid-4,000s...... one to four a day since then, and my 'puter
        is much faster and obedient.

      • Elizabeth Chase
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
          Nopers, it won't 'find' them on every computer. I ran that check and it didn't come up. The two you named have never been on my
          computer. Comet Cursor rides in very sneakily, though, through a self-installer. If you disable that function in your settings,
          some of that stuff won't get through.

          I like a lot of the suggestions the others had, 'cause I'm not very happy with MSN and IE. Gets my eyes all Clinty-like............

          Hope you find something that works for you,

          Rizii

          I ran it, and it said I had 3 items. Comet cursor, push.com, and a third one. I'm willing to bet that it will 'find' those on
          every computer in existence, as a selling ploy. I've had comet cursor, and that is a pain to remove. Adaware checks for it so I'm
          pretty sure I really don't have it.

          Alcyoneus

          Elizabeth Chase <elizabethlchase@...> wrote:
          I employ a gang of shinobi who scout for spyware....... WebRoot's Spy Sweeper http://www.webroot.com holds back the invading
          hordes fairly well. Then I have two firewalls.......... Microsoft's and ZoneLabs.

          The first time I ran SpySweeper it picked up files and bits in the mid-4,000s...... one to four a day since then, and my 'puter
          is much faster and obedient.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          ---