Re: Spyware, perhaps? Re: [SCA-JML] Big Brother Yahoo is watching

  • mokurai
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
      The other thing you can do is to not use IE but instead opt for another
      browser. I use Mozilla's Firefox which is very good at suppressing
      pop-ups and does not allow active-X controls, third party cookies (or
      any if you so choose), etc. Generally, it has none of the security hole
      idiocy of Microsoft and features a good set of preference controls. And
      it's free with no advertising. ^_^

      - mokurai

      --
      Cord: "Talking to you is like talking to a wall!"

      Blind Man: "Buddha once sat before a wall, and when he arose, he was enlightened."

      Cord: "Do you compare yourself to Buddha?"

      Blind Man: "No, just the wall."

      - 'Circle of Iron'
    • Jason Lewis
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2004
        If you must use IE an option is called Maxthon, it's an
        freeware/donationware "shell" for IE that has tabbed browsing windows
        and Active-X and popup blockers and a plethora of other really cool
        features. I have been using it for 2 years (used to be called MyIE)
        and I am extremely happy with it. Happy enough in fact that I actually
        sent them a donation. I don't ever do that!!!
        --
        Jason Lewis
        E-Commerce and PHP Developer

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
            Nopers, it won't 'find' them on every computer. I ran that check and it didn't come up. The two you named have never been on my
            computer. Comet Cursor rides in very sneakily, though, through a self-installer. If you disable that function in your settings,
            some of that stuff won't get through.

            I like a lot of the suggestions the others had, 'cause I'm not very happy with MSN and IE. Gets my eyes all Clinty-like............

            Hope you find something that works for you,

            Rizii