Re: [SCA-JML] favors

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2004
      Solveig <nostrand@...> wrote:
      >Noble Cousin!

      >Greetings from Solveig! Poetry is more of a party game than a party favour.
      As for preasants. These typically need to be wrapped and should not be
      >unwrapped in the presence of the giver.
      I would tend to agree with this, even in the modern world, it is more my style.

      >As for combat momentos. Those are typically souveneirs returned to loved
      one after the death of a warrior. These could be such things as a lock of
      hair. Victors in combat would take the heads for prominent warriors and
      would display them to their lords. The lord might then award the warrior
      with an appointment or promotion of some sort.

      I keep thinking that it might be neat to present opponents with little 'kogai' in some form after memorable fights, or simpler ones for regular fights in tournaments or challenges.

      Alcyoneus