God, I love being famous...

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2000
      You have to check this out, gang...

      It's a modern replica Japanese armour being auctioned on e-bay:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=420031821

      For the record, I sent the seller this note:

      ---------
      I saw the e-bay auction, and I appreciate the mention. <G>

      For the record, though, this doesn't look like a Kozan-do armour, as
      it's not up to their standards. The lacing and the flatness of the do
      are a clear giveaway that it's produced by a similar, but less skilled,
      company...

      Just thought I'd set the record straight...

      The armour isn't the best quality. For those who've taken my Pennsic
      armour classes and heard me talk about bad sugake lacing (Big Xs and
      "railroad track" suspension lacing), *this* is the company that does it.
      It's a cheap(ish) imitation, sort of a third-rate Kozan-do.

      Effingham

      AJ Bryant