Re: Sneak Previews (We're at it again!)

  • makiwara_no_yetsuko
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Date Saburou Yukiie" <kabuto@c...>
      wrote:
      > When taming the brush...
      > it seems the thoughts must be stilled
      > so the ink can flow...
      > poetry is elegant
      > training for this samurai...

      Footprints of sea birds
      Traced out upon palest sands
      Are as my poor words,
      Hasty tracks at the mercy
      Of the tide's rush, wind - and time.

      Makiwara
    • cschutrick
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2004
        > OK, so what does sizing do, exactly, since you've brought it up?

        I don't know if it means the same thing in paper as it does in
        fabric, but isn't 'sizing' roughly "stuff we put on the fabric to
        make it have a certain feel"? I have the idea that this is where
        people get the notion that silk e.g. is delicate: washing it removes
        the sizing, changing the way it drapes, though the fiber hasn't
        actually been harmed.

        So putting sizing on your paper might make it easier to work with.

        --Jeannette
      • mokurai
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2004
          May have been posted here before, but these are the best visual fundoshi
          tyeing instructions I have seen yet...

          http://homepage1.nifty.com/koshifumi/fdc-02.html

          - mokurai