Re: [SCA-JML] "The month without Gods"?

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 152 , Nov 3, 2004
      So it is incorrect to say that it took place in the 'Month without gods',
      since it took place in the 9th month. Also, it should be noted that the
      'lunar months' of Japan don't seem to have necessarily followed the true
      lunar months, as they made them an even 30 days long.

      -Ii

      On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Solveig wrote:

      > Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:07:00 -0500
      > From: Solveig <nostrand@...>
      > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] "The month without Gods"?
      >

      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! Daijirin says that the battle took place on 15th
      > day of the 9th month of 1600. From consulting Sansom's History of Japan,
      > we discover that this is the the 15th of a lunar month. The date converts
      > to 1600 OCT 20 of the Gregorian calendar. Lunar month dates from the new
      > moon. Consequently, there was a full moon at the time. However, there was
      > also heavy rain that evening.
      > --
      >
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throndardottir
      > Amateur Scholar

      > | Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D. | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM, CoS, Fleur |
      > | mailto:nostrand@... | mailto:bnostran@... |

    • Ii Saburou
      Message 152 of 152 , Nov 10, 2004
        O-tanjobi ni omedetou gozaimasu! (*Happy Birthday!)

        229 years--older than the nation (yup, 11/10/1775). ;)

        -Ii