Yama Kaminari Page ---- Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese A&S

  • Elizabeth Chase
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      Genshiro-dono,

      As a matter of fact, I practically live at your Clan website, gleaning ideas and learning learning learning....... and I appreciate
      the hard work to put that website together.

      Right now my Clan Genji daimyo would like me to work on making sashimono, windscreens, and banners. I did read the instructions
      y'all have, and I'm wondering if perhaps the 'rozome' technique of wax-resist dyes was used, might work today for this, &
      particularly if something closer to authenticity is desired. Certainly the instructions on your Clan website provide an easier
      method. However, undyed silk by the bolt from http://www.silkconnection.com is less expensive than cotton/poly.... and more fun to
      run my hands through, too, lol....

      Should my path lead Pennsic-ward this year, I'd love to pay a visit to my brothers and sisters of your Clan. Right now I am
      committed to Warriors and Warlords as the Children's Activity Coordinator, and could only afford to go to Pennsic with a group of
      people to share expenses, especially if my kids came along as well, and I can't imagine them willing to stay behind.

      At your service,

      Rizii