Re: [[SCA-JML] Re: warm garb]

  • Jamie Andrews
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2000
      I know the couple of winters i lived in Kanagawa Pref. it got cold and it even
      snowed enough to pretty much shut down everything. And as far as lack of
      central heating they need it given they don't insulate many a cold morning i
      wish i had it. But Kotatsus are wonderful i brought mine from Japan back to
      the states and i love it to death. I don't think i will have house with out
      one from now on.

      But what I did to deal with the cold is to make some of outer articles out of
      wool. Might not be the correct material but hey i am warm at night in cool An
      Tir. But I am intrested in learning more of winter clothing considering that i
      what i need to wear up here most of the time.

      humbly

      Nakahara Yoshiakira
      Erin Kelly <tupan4@...> wrote:

      > MIME Type:�multipart/alternative
      Strangely enough, most of Japan is not very cold,
      which is probably why they get away with not having
      central heating in their houses these days. I visited
      Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nara in January several years ago,
      and the temperatures were in the 40s-50s (Farenheit).

      Solveig has a good point about quilting and layering
      (and staying indoors!). You also might try looking
      for "specialized" clothing styles from the northern
      regions, where it _is_ cold.

      ERIN

      P.S. Some days I wouldn't mind having a kotatsu
      (table with heater gadget) for my (mundane) house.