Flower Viewing Event --- Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese A&S

  • Elizabeth Chase
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2004
      If our paths lead us there, we will make the journey.

      Rizii

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
        Although Oertha (Alaska) has few if any cherry blossoms, we do have abundant
        imaginations. We have been holding a cherry blossom viewing event for the
        last four, at least, years. It has grown each year with folks wearing more
        and more period Japanese clothing, although this year past I made Chinese for
        myself and my family. Number One grandson really likes his hakama and kosode
        and wore that again. Our heavy tourney includes a prize for the fighter who
        went the farthest using a Japanese weapon with tourney champion sometimes
        being both. Haiku contests, garb contests, picnics (weather permitting), a
        light Japanese dinner, taking the air and 'viewing the cherry blossoms'
        sometimes despite the snow. This has become a highlight of the Eskalyan
        calendar. This year past we even had a real tea ceremony performed for us by
        Yukiko-son. She had just moved to Eskalya. It was great.

        Good luck and have fun with your gathering.

        Elspeth Bouchannane
        Oertha, West