Re: [SCA-JML] Eurocentrism in the SCA, was Re: Japanese A&S

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 152 , Oct 1, 2004
      makiwara_no_yetsuko wrote:

      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > As strange as it may seem coming from a bushi who has participated
      > in
      > > the SCA for over 20 years, I don't think that we should.
      >
      > As an SCA member who plays both as a European and a Japanese, I don't
      > think we need to.

      Makiwara-dono,

      I agree wholeheartedly there. I've learned to enjoy my Japanese persona
      that I'm still developing, but that doesn't mean I still don't love my
      Saxon persona and her interests. And part of the fun of events is
      encountering people from different eras and cultures and finding out
      about them. (Okay, and I admit a weakness to garb of any era, if it is
      well-done. I love seeing people dressed up!)

      --Ki no Torahime

      Riverwatch, Calontir
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 152 of 152 , Nov 10, 2004
        O-tanjobi ni omedetou gozaimasu! (*Happy Birthday!)

        229 years--older than the nation (yup, 11/10/1775). ;)

        -Ii