Re: [SCA-JML] Poetry, was Eurocentrism in the SCA,

  • Elizabeth Chase
    Message 1 of 152 , Oct 1, 2004
      I'll get there. I'd just like to read a lot more first, then one day the words will come of their own accord.

      I almost jumped in on the poetry game last week, started by Date-dono in honor of my silly giggling fan-poking gaijin nanbanji with
      ADD ways. I was honored into behaving well. The trend of the poetry at first seemed to be in autumn, then winter, and I was
      inspired by the thought of the first butterfly of spring carrying a lover's breath. Almost wrote it, but thought it would be way
      too forward of a newbie.

      As it was, the poem seemed to take on the harmonic voices of lonely lovers unsure of each other's regard. That the minds of people
      on this list, separated by so much distance, yet united by e-mail, produced such loveliness, touched my heart enough to bring mist
      to my eyes.

      Elizabetu
      Message 152 of 152 , Nov 10, 2004
        O-tanjobi ni omedetou gozaimasu! (*Happy Birthday!)

        229 years--older than the nation (yup, 11/10/1775). ;)

        -Ii