Re: Japanese A&S

  • Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 152 , Oct 1, 2004
      > Shall we start the petition to remove "Europe" from Corpora? I'm
      game.

      > SCA for ALL times and ALL places.
      >
      > Date Toshinobu, Esq
      > Former Seneschal, Marshall, A&S minister, and Landed Baron.

      Date-dono,
      I can do not but agree with you, in all ways. The current SCA system
      is byased and bigoted...and is not even equal in terms of treatment,
      as you pointed out with Arab Cultures vs Asian.
      I say petition Corpora and have them remove certain ethnocentric
      phrases, and include all countries from the chosen time periods...
      After all, the world was neither flat, not disconnected...in fact,
      each culture had intimate contact with each progressive culture...the
      farther one expanded, the more exterior contact there was...
      It was a chain, not a single serving community...(forgive the fight
      club ref...)
      Let us embrace all cultures - and see how rich the Society can be...
      I know many folk with Arab persona...shall we disgard our Arab based
      math system...the sciences and games, such as chess developed by
      these kind?
      Shall the Romans, who conquered and assimilated many cultures disgard
      everything that was not England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales?
      Once we start disregarding Germany, and the Pole regions...the
      Russians and Turks...we might as well hang it up...the SCA would be a
      damned small group...and sadder for it...
      Many of us have always has Asian persona...I personally have had a
      Japanese main persona since A.S. 9...not bad I say...
      It was hard back then, as you know...and is not terribly better now...
      Kings with Japanese persona have been known in the earliest years,
      Anno Societatus...Shall we disrespect them, and all they fought for?

      Educating the masses is always going to be a difficult passtime...but
      a worthy one...
      Tell people why you choose your Japanese or Mongol or Chinese
      Persona...Tell people who they had contact with, and what trade they
      did...
      Make the connection, and ask Corpora, all the Ethnocentric Laurals,
      Peers of every kind, and even the common stick fighters to see your
      reasoning...One day things will change for the better...

      </end public service annountment rant>

      Date Saburou Yukiie...
      (to quote Arnorld Horschak..."We're mad as hell, and we're not gonna
      take it any more...")<yea - I know...real dated ref...>
      :-)
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 152 of 152 , Nov 10, 2004
        O-tanjobi ni omedetou gozaimasu! (*Happy Birthday!)

        229 years--older than the nation (yup, 11/10/1775). ;)

        -Ii