Re: Japanese A&S

  • Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 152 , Oct 1, 2004
      I once entered a prize tourney A.S. competition at Pennsic...I
      entered one of my ebira...totally period in craftsmanship...and was
      shot down by the Lady (I use the term loosely...) who was running it.
      I got the old - "...that aint period, it is not european, and you
      will never get so much as a point if I am running the show..."
      spiel...
      The "lady" had no tact, was totally biggoted in terms of what she
      thought should be in an A.S. competetion...and told me where I could
      go to put my entry...
      I have never put another entry in an A.S. competition...
      This goes to show me that the odds are still stacked against us
      Jappos...and it is all the more reason why we should keep fighting to
      get Non-Euro persona accepted...
      I say bung to the Euro-trash...and hope art minded people will see
      the effort some of us "Asians" put into our work...
      Sigh...
      Still...everyone keep plugging...perhaps one day we will get there...

      Date, who is tired of Western Bigotry....

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Shannon" <professor03@h...>
      wrote:
      > > From: "Heidi Lyn" <akeakemai@a...>
      > >Subject: Re: Japanese A&S
      > >

      > >Actually, the "Laurel's prize tourney" that I was referring to is
      a bit of
      > >a spin on
      > >the "artisan's displays" that I have participated in (although I
      would love
      > >to see
      > >the Laurel's prize tourney you describe here to be imported to
      some of the
      > >events I go to!!) In this display, you are invited to sit with
      your artwork
      > >during a
      > >specific time period and Laurels are invited to make their rounds
      during
      > >that
      > >same time period, to stop at the various displays and give
      feedback (alot
      > >like
      > >the A&S poster session that was asked about a couple of posts
      ago). In this
      > >particular case, they do mention that prizes will be awarded, but
      I'm not
      > >sure
      > >I'll even be staying for that.
      > >
      > >Tsukime
      > >
      > > > Makiwara
      > >

      > All of this talk about A&S stuff is making me want to enter some of
      the work
      > I have been done and have been working on lately.
      >
      > But I'm sure the event is on a Saturday when I have class....
      > Bummer for me!
      >

      > Sylvester Burchardt
      > East Kingdom
      >
      > m.k.a. Douglas Shannon
    • Ii Saburou
      Message 152 of 152 , Nov 10, 2004
        O-tanjobi ni omedetou gozaimasu! (*Happy Birthday!)

        229 years--older than the nation (yup, 11/10/1775). ;)

        -Ii