Re: [SCA-JML] About Ishida Mitsunari...

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2004
      jeremy_kroeker wrote:

      > Does anyone have pictures of Ishida Mitsunari armor. I'm not talking
      > about just the helmet, I'm talking about the whole thing.

      I wasn't sure if any of his armours even survived -- given that he was one of
      the biggest losers in Japanese history, I didn't expect there to be any
      concerted attempt at preserving his stuff.

      I did find one picture -- a tiny B&W one -- in the Gakken Rekishi Gazô series
      book on Mitsuhide, however. It must be the only one, as the series art directors
      usually droolingly go over the armour of the people that they present.

      The photo depicts a (black? brown?) nuinobe do laced in a pale color; the
      kusazuri are gold (also laced in a pale color), and the bottom plate is covered
      with bear fur. The kote are Etchû-style (that is, covered in mail with tiny
      rectangular ikada [plates] over the forearm and upper arm). It doesn't show
      sode. The haidate is also Etchû-style; mail-covered, with small ikada. The
      helmet appears to be a 62- or 72-plate bowl, with a very small disc-shaped front
      crest. There's a hanbô as well. The suneate are splint-construction.

      Anthony J. Bryant
      Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

      Grand Cross, Order of the Laurel:
      http://www.cafepress.com/laurelorder