New Texas Shinto Study Group Forming and New Texas Shinto Yahoogroup

  • John Hidalgo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2004
      Greetings!

      My apologies if this is spam to anyone. I have tried to keep this to those who would either be interested or know someone who might be interested.

      I am starting a new Shinto study group affiliated with The Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America in Granite Falls, Washington. I have also started a new Yahoo list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasshinto for those who are interested. We will be holding our first meeting October 17 (see information below). After that we hope to have regular Sunday meetings. I have a temporary web site up right now at http://www.roundrockbujinkan.com/shinto . This will soon be moved to its own domain.

      If you are interested or know someone who would be interested, myI can be contacted at (512) 310-2142 or oniyama@....

      Take care,
      John Hidalgo
      www.roundrockbujinkan.com
      http://www.roundrockbujinkan.com/shinto (very much under construction)
      "Seek freedom and become a slave to your desires. Seek discipline and discover your liberty."

      About Texas Shinto
      Tekisasu Bushi to Dai Shizen Shinto no Benkyoo Dantai
      We are a new Shinto study group affiliated with The Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America in Granite Falls, Washington. We will be focusing on both the spiritual and academic aspects of Shinto. We will initially be using the Tsubaki Shrine handbook as a study guide and will add other references as we progress. People of other religious backgrounds or nonreligious backgrounds are welcomed so long as individuals conduct themselves with religous tolerance and do not impede our Shinto study.

      Texas Shinto Study Group First Meeting
      Sunday 9:30 AM, October 17th, 2004
      Barton Springs in Zilker Park (Exact map and directions to be posted soon.)

      We will be holding our first Shinto Study Group Meeting to discuss a general outline of what we will be practicing and how. Participants are encouraged to wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring note taking materials.

      For more information contact John Hidalgo at (512) 310-2142 or oniyama@....