If you were asked for feedback, (continued) and movies

  • makiwara_no_yetsuko
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
      OK, I THINK I've gotten the problem with the graphics fixed. If you
      were asked for feedback, please try again and contact me off-list
      with comments at makiwara_no_yetsuko at yahoo dot com or at wodeford
      at yahoo dot com

      I spent yesterday on a Japanese DVD and sushi bender with a friend
      and may I recommend "Twilight Samurai" and "Kwaidan" if you have not
      seen them.
      In the former, Sanada Hiroyuki, who I remember from his evil
      sorcerer in "Onmyoji" and as the ferocious Ujio in "The Last
      Samurai" turns in a sweet, understated performance as a poor widower
      looking after a senile mother and two young daughters. For fight
      fans, his resolution of the duel by the river is worth the rental
      fee.

      The latter, a Special Jury Prizewinner at Cannes in 1965, is a
      collection of four tales of the supernatural. I particularly
      liked "Hoichi the Earless." If one is looking for stories to tell at
      bardic gatherings, any one of these tales would work well.

      Many thanks,
      She Who Mangles HTML
      Makiwara