Re: [SCA-JML] name check please

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2004
      Tim adams wrote:

      > name Aoki U弾mon-no Daibu Tadamitsu

      Aoki Tadamitsu sounds fine. Drop the Uemon no daibu. It's a title, and we don't
      register titles with names.

      Anthony J. Bryant
      Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

      Grand Cross, Order of the Laurel:
      http://www.cafepress.com/laurelorder
    • Tim adams
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2004
        ok so the clan and nanori are good.. I like them

        what can I use for the Zokumyou??
        anything in the book listed as Nanori?
        my understanding is that the Zokumyou is just the informal name..

        Tadamitsu

        Tim adams <tim_adams_unix@...> wrote:
        name Aoki U�emon-no Daibu Tadamitsu

        documention for form
        Name construction in mediaeval japan Revised edition Solvieg Throndottir

        Faimly/clan
        Aoki pg 159, 184, 315 time frame = sengoku date= 1568 meaning = tree

        Zokumyou
        U�emon-no Daibu pg 62 title roughly meaning guard of the gate (AOA)

        Nanori
        Tadamitsu pg 181, 300, 357 type=n time frame = hei�an date= 1183 meaning = bright/shining faith/loyalty