More info about the Gagaku performance on Sept. 9 and 12

  • ellen.m.davis@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
      The program for the Gagaku/Reigaku performance on Sept. 12th at Berkeley is now online at http://www.calperfs.berkeley.edu/presents/season/2004/program_notes/pdf_files/pn_japan.pdf.

      They're doing Genjouraku, one of the most famous pieces in the Bugaku repertoire.

      Let me repeat that. They're doing BUGAKU.

      Holy dancing Monkey Kings, Batman!

      Thanks again to Makiwara for making us aware of this!

      -Aine, who already has her ticket to the DC performance on the 9th
    • makiwara_no_yetsuko
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, ellen.m.davis@a... wrote:
        > Holy dancing Monkey Kings, Batman!
        I so needed to spray ginger ale out my nose, Aine-hime! ;->

        I believe this group is also going to be appearing at Carnegie Hall
        in New York on the 8th. (I know this because I looked it up for a
        friend of mine who is not on this list.)

        Makiwara