[SCA-JML] Discovery Samurai special, take two.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2000
      Okay, trying again.

      Discovery seems to have played with the schedule. This is copied from
      their website:

      Discover Magazine
      Secrets of the Samurai

      The Japanese Samurai emergen during the middle ages.
      This program will examine the science behind the
      Samurai and their weapons, including some of the
      sharpest swords in the world, lightweight armor, and
      the ancient Samuria martial art called Ninjutsu.

      Air Time(s) Eastern/Pacific Time:
      DSC - 28 Jan 2000 - 09:30 PM
      DSC - 28 Jan 2000 - 09:30 PM
      DSC - 28 Jan 2000 - 12:30 AM
      DSC - 28 Jan 2000 - 12:30 AM
      DSC - 29 Jan 2000 - 12:30 PM
      DSC - 29 Jan 2000 - 12:30 PM

      The bit about ninjutsu is *not* my fault!!! I'm thinking of denying any
      involvement at all, but I'll reserve judgment.... Also, the typos have
      me worried, too... Discovery should be better than that!!!

      If any of you are seeing this for the first time, an update may help. I
      has some early input into this documentary when the producer called me
      to ask for information and contact addresses in Japan to make a new
      documentary about samurai history. I never heard back from him after he
      returned from Japan, and I don't know if I even get an "our thanks to"
      credit, but I'd like to point out that I tried to give him a real
      historical perspective and told him some useful things to look for (like
      armoured wrestling) that are virtually unknown here. It leaves to be
      seen what it will be like.

      Edward of Effingham,
      mka Anthony J. Bryant