[SCA-JML] Japanese Armour special on Discovery

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2000
      Greetings!

      I am sending this to several groups and people who I think might be
      somewhat interested in this show, and its SCA background... I apologize,
      therefore, for the unpersonalized tone of this message.

      Several months ago I had the opportunity to have some input into a
      possible Discovery special on Japanese armour.

      But after my initial conversation with the producer, and after I faxed
      and e-mailed him a bunch of addresses and contacts in Japan who could
      get him in (possibly otherwise closed) doors and provide information not
      really ever addressed or even known in the west (armoured wrestling, for
      example), he didn't called back.

      I got an e-mail a bit ago from a friend.

      It's on tomorrow night (Jan. 7) on the Discovery Channel.

      It's "Discover Magazine," and the episode is "Secrets of the Samurai."
      The schedule is here:
      <http://www.discovery.com/sched/domestic/series/67/67.html>

      I don't know if I'm mentioned or even credited in the show at the end
      (you can BET I'll be watching, though), but it could be interesting to
      our folks, so I thought I should mention the show.

      Effingham
      mka Anthony J. Bryant