Re: Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Period Japanese Food (Long)

  • Ii Saburou
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 3, 2004
      On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 sigrune@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 7/1/2004 5:51:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Solveig <nostrand@...> writes:
      >
      > >the part of classical Japan where the court was very much into Chinese food.
      >
      > Do you mean the Nara period?

      Nara through Heian, really. Even though they broke diplomatic ties with
      China, pictoral evidence suggests that the food remained similar (lots of
      food on one plate, served almost family style, each person taking a little
      off of each).

      -Ii
    • Solveig
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 3, 2004
        Ii Dono!

        Greetings from Solveig!

        > Tamago sushi: scrambled egg on rice

        It's more of an omlet or a folded crepe. I learned how to make it once
        many years ago. There is even a specialized pan for it.